During our recent swing through the Midwest on a sneak peak of the new 2011 snowmobiles from the Big Four, Polaris shared with us a new website the company has been working on.
The website is: http://riders.polarisindustries.com.
Polaris has formed an exclusive partnership with WeatherNation on the website.
Current features include:
- North America weather radar
- North America snow depth
- U.S. trail maps
- Polaris dealer locations and contact information
- Point-to-point route mapping with GPX Export
- Facebook connect
Upcoming additions, which might have already been added between the time we heard about the Polaris website and when this issue went to press:
- Weather alerts and avalanche warnings
- Gas/food/lodging locations
- Mobile site
- Route saving and sharing
- Versions will be coming soon for Victory motorcycles and off-road vehicles.
What Polaris has done is put information on one website that you used to have to go to several different sites to get. And as for the snow depth readings, they will be updated daily, sometimes even more often.